Slime is a fun toy, similar in consistency to jelly. Adults and children love it. You can buy such a miracle almost everywhere: in large retail outlets, small pavilions, in terminals with toys, and even on the streets. You will not be able to play for a long time with a Slime if you do not follow the rules for entering it.
It happens that the toy gets on clothes, carpet, etc. Many people grab their head and try to get rid of the stain, but often this leads to damage to the thing. What means and how to properly clean the slime from the carpet, we will consider in more detail in this article.
How to get dried slime out of carpet at home?
Removing a slime from a carpet or any other surface is quite easy. The main thing is to choose the right tool that will not damage the carpet after cleaning. Various chemicals contain alkali, which will certainly help to clean the slime, but it spoils the carpet.
Many Housewives can not take such risks, so they decide to leave everything as it is, not to make the situation worse. A for nothing! There are many methods to remove Slime, and if there is a fear of damage to the carpet, it is possible to start with the edge to apply little funds and see the result. If nothing terrible happens, it can safely approach the removal of the spot that appeared as a result of the adhesion of the Slime.
Let’s look at the most popular and effective methods in detail.
Dishwashing detergents perfectly clean the surface of mucus. This is due to the fact that the composition of this toy includes fat, and under the influence of, for example, the same “Fairy” they are split.
The cleaning method is quite simple and harmless, even a child will cope with it. Total is required:
- At the place of contamination, apply your favorite detergent to the carpet.
- Leave for 2-3 hours.
- After that, it is recommended to rinse the treated area thoroughly.
If after the first use, the result is almost invisible, the procedure is recommended to repeat after 1-2 days.
Household soap uses a similar principle. It can be of several types: solid and liquid consistency. However, both varieties are suitable for cleaning slime from the carpet.
- RUB the soiled surface with hard soap, after wetting it with water.
- Wait 60 minutes.
- Then remove with a paper napkin or a small cloth.
If necessary, repeat the procedure.
Salt and lemon juice
Some Housewives use sea salt and lemon juice, if desired, you can add hydrogen peroxide. The effectiveness of these tools is no worse than the effectiveness of the above methods.
- To clean the carpet from the Slime, these ingredients are mixed, applied to the spot, and carefully cleaned with a hard brush for 5-10 minutes.
- After that, leave the surface to dry, only then evaluate the result.
Lemon juice can lighten the treated area of the carpet, to avoid this, it is recommended to breed it in a small amount. In its pure form, it is suitable for cleaning light or white carpets.
The solvent is purchased in any hardware or construction store.
- To clean the slime from the carpet, the solvent is applied to a cloth.
- Lay it on a contaminated surface for 5-10 minutes.
- Then the cloth is impregnated again and the procedure is repeated.
This time will be enough for the substance to penetrate deep into the villi and remove the dye from the mucus.
Attention! Many solvents have a specific and pungent odor, so after cleaning, be sure to get rid of it. To do this, after processing, you can apply an air freshener to the surface of the carpet or carefully ventilate the room.
Vinegar is able to remove many types of stains, and it will definitely cope with slime without effort.
- To clean the carpet, be sure to dilute 0.5 cups of water and 0.25 cups of vinegar.
- The solution is thoroughly mixed, applied on the carpet, left for 20 minutes, then removed.
It is not recommended to use vinegar in undiluted form, this may lead to damage to the fibers of the carpet.
To clean the carpet from mucus, you can use both medical and technical alcohol.
To remove the stain, you need to thoroughly moisten a cotton swab and treat the place of contamination. When applying to large spots, do not use too much alcohol, as this may damage the carpet. Moisten with alcohol a place contaminated with mucus, we recommend gradually.
Stains from the stuck slime are perfectly removed by gasoline. For cleaning stains, only purified gasoline is suitable, otherwise, the tool will only harm.
- A cotton swab is moistened in it, rubbed on the surface, and left for 10 minutes.
- Then the solution is removed with napkins or a towel.
- To clean the carpet from the stain with acetone, the agent is applied to a cotton swab and applied to the place of contamination.
- Leave it in 5 minutes, then brush it with a hard brush.
- At the end of the procedure, the remains of the Slime are cleaned with a vacuum cleaner.
Attention! WD-40 is a car lubricant that helps clean the carpet after children’s pranks. This tool is harmless for carpet. That effectively copes with stains on the carpets that are left by Slime.
- To clean the WD-40 is applied to the spot, leave for 5-10 minutes.
- After this, the funds are removed using a paper towel.
- Initially, carefully remove the Slime from the surface.
- Then put the soiled product in a basin for hand washing, fill it with boiling water.
- After the water cools down a little, wash thoroughly with ordinary washing powder.
After this procedure, the stain usually disappears. To enhance the effect, add a couple of teaspoons of alcohol tincture to the powder mixture.
- The slime-stained carpet is placed in a cellophane bag and sent to the freezer for a day. This time is enough for the jelly-like toy to freeze.
- After that, the bag is removed from the freezer, the mucus is removed with a knife or a similar object.
This method is suitable for small rugs. For large carpets, this method can only be used in the winter, taking the carpet outside if you have a negative temperature outside the window.
BONUS: How to get dried slime out of things?
The most common method of cleaning things from stuck Slime is the procedure of using hydrogen peroxide. It is recommended to buy the product in powder form, but if there is no powder, then the liquid is suitable.
- The product is applied in large quantities to a cotton swab, pouring hydrogen peroxide on the carpet is not recommended.
- In the direction from the edges of the spot to the center, the remains of the slime are wiped with a wet disk until completely cleaned.
The cleaning process takes no more than 15 minutes on average, so the result is quite effective.
This method is very easy to wash off not only relatively fresh slime stains on clothing but also old stains.