By its nature, the wax is an organic compound that is formed as a result of the life of bees. Industrious insects secrete wax with special glands. The color of the honeybee product varies from white to yellow-brown. It is a complex solid compound composed of esters, fatty acids, aromatic and mineral substances.
When it gets on the fabric and textiles, the melted wax hardens, forming a greasy spot with particles of bee product. Regular washing with water and powder will not help remove contamination if the trace is left on the tablecloth, towel, or clothing. And with dense carpet textiles, it is even more difficult to eliminate the wax stain.
To remove stains in an effective sparing way, you need to know what candles are made of. They are made from a mixture of paraffin and stearin, natural beeswax, palm, soy wax, for scented candles use rare and expensive varieties, so when cleaning contaminated products use different methods.
How to get dried wax out of carpet
If the contamination is deeply embedded in the surface, freezing or heating will help to remove the candle wax or paraffin. Before using any method, you need to let the dirt harden, carefully scrape off the remains of the wax with a knife (blunt side), and remove the crumbs with a vacuum cleaner. After rough cleaning, a greasy spot will remain on the Palace. To remove it, use cold ice or hot iron.
Warming up the wax
To remove traces of dried or fresh stains, an effective and simple method is suitable using an iron and paper towel. Housewives successfully use this method when cleaning textiles made of different materials.
How to remove the wax by heating:
- Put a paper towel on the spot, you can use a brown paper bag.
- Turn the iron on to the lowest heating temperature with the steam generation option disabled.
- Slowly several times iron a paper towel or a package, without strongly pressing.
- The dirt is gradually absorbed into the paper, if traces remain, the procedure is repeated.
- The towel is removed, a clean cloth is put on the ironed place, and the iron is put on the steam function.
- Iron the fabric several times, the carpet needs to be vacuumed from the remnants of contamination.
You can not heat the iron too much, so that the wax does not flow and does not scorch the pile. You can use a hair dryer instead of an iron, and replace a paper towel with thick bags.
Removing wax stains from carpets takes a little time if you start cleaning immediately. Delicate products are difficult to wash, so as not to damage the material, it is better to entrust this work to professionals, and rough carpets can be cleaned yourself with improvised means. To finally remove traces of contamination, the finishing treatment is performed with household chemicals designed specifically for carpets.
The freezing wax
The use of ice cubes contributes to the rapid solidification of paraffin, after which it is much easier to remove the contamination. To wipe off the remaining greasy spot, follow these steps:
- Ice is packed in a plastic bag.
- Apply to the contaminated area.
- Stand until the wax is completely solidified.
- The blunt part of the knife removes contamination.
- Vacuum clean the remains of candle wax.
After a while, the carpet should be washed using an aerosol, soap solution, shampoo, or dry cleaning agent.
Before using chemicals, you need to check whether the carpet does not shed from the use of compounds in an invisible area. Some dyes are easily dissolved, after which the carpet may remain white spots.
VIDEO: How to remove candle wax from carpet
Remove wax from carpet
The cleaning agent is selected taking into account the composition of the product, the extent of the contamination. Handmade carpets, viscose, and silk products require a delicate approach, so it is better to entrust the matter to dry cleaning specialists. At home, Housewives use available improvised tools that are available in every home to remove wax stains from carpet textiles.
Salt, vinegar, and soda
Stains from paraffin candles should be removed immediately after the formation of contamination so that the paraffin does not sit down with dust – this can darken the carpet. Quickly wash the stains helps using a composition of table salt, soda, and vinegar.
How to remove wax from a candle from a carpet in a gentle way:
- The components are combined in equal proportions.
- Grind to form a homogeneous mass.
- Apply the mixture to the place of contamination on the carpet.
- Leave the composition until completely dry.
- Clean the surface with a soft-bristled brush.
The method is more effective for fresh paraffin stains. When the wax solidifies, it is necessary to preheat the remaining contamination with a hot spoon.
Turpentine and ammonia
On light carpets, traces of wax are more noticeable and harder to clean. Preparing a mixture of turpentine and ammonia will help solve the problem.
How to remove wax from the carpet if the material is light and delicate:
- Combine the components for the mixture in equal proportions.
- Use a sponge to apply the resulting composition to the contamination.
- Leave the product to dry for thirty minutes.
- Gently wipe off any remaining dirt with a soft brush.
- Allow the product to dry at room temperature.
Important! It is not recommended to dry the Palace with a hairdryer or heating device after processing. Drying in this way may cause the material to deform.